【试听课】原声视界精讲版01- 陈冠希的现场采访片段

6679


陈冠希的现场采访片段

On Set - Edison Chen

 

In the Initial, I was just a star, and a manager told me to do every day.

最开始,我只是一个明星,经纪人会告诉我每天做什么。


And one night, I was actually sold - like I was sold to another company.

有天晚上,我被卖了 - 就像被卖给了另一家公司一样。

 

It was very demeaning to me, and I felt very helpless. I felt like I was not in control of anything.

这对我来说是一种极大的侮辱,我感到很无助。我觉得任何事情似乎都不在自己的掌控中。

 

One very important thing was that when I first started being an actor, or an entertainer in Hong Kong,people would always be making fun of the way I dress, and people would always be making fun of the way that I spoke, or the way I stood.

一个非常重要的事情是,当我第一次成为一名香港的艺人时,人们总会嘲笑我的穿着方式,说话的方式或我的站姿。

 

I think hip-hop wasn't such a big thing in the late 90s, early 2000s in Asia.

我认为嘻哈在90年代末,21世纪初的亚洲并没有受到重视。

 

So at that moment, I was wondering why they wouldn't understand what it was that we were doing.

所以那一刻起,我就在想为什么他们不明白我们在做什么。

 

At the same time, in the American market, there was a huge gap of high-quality Chinese products or high-quality Chinese creativity.

与此同时,高质量的中国产品或高质量的中国创意在美国市场里存在着一个巨大的缺口。

 

So what we wanted to do was to bring the people that we loved and supported so dearly to China, and showcase these people.

所以我们想做的就是把我们所爱和支持的人带到中国,展现出他们的才华。

 

But at the same time, being able to work with them and collaborate with them, and exchange creative ideas, so that we can be on the same level. That's the most important point.

但与此同时,能够与他们一起工作和合作,并交流创意,这样我们就能够处于同一水平。

 

For us, it was to be recognized by people all around the world that we are a Chinese brand, but we're fly too. 

这是最重要的一点。对我们来说,除了让世界各地的人知道这是中国品牌外,也让他们知道我们也是走国际路线的。

 

We are now actually working on some projects with Polo and with Ralph Lauren. I think it's a sign of the times.

我们现在正在与Polo和Ralph Lauren合作开展一些项目。我认为这是时代的标志。

 

So I really feel like the youths in China really need to open their eyes and realise that the world is within their grasp. They just need to believe that they can get it.

所以我觉得中国的年轻人真的需要开阔眼界,意识到世界是掌握在他们的手中。他们只需要相信他们是可以做到的。

 

I believe it's something that is lacking with the youths in China. They always like to watch and enjoy, but they need to work hard and persevere and excel.

我认为这是中国年轻人所缺乏的东西。他们总是喜欢看和享受,但他们更需要做的是努力,坚持不懈,超越自己。

 

I always tell this… In every place of the world, there are rules and regulations not even in China, in America, in Europe - in everywhere.

我总是这样说......在世界的每个地方都有规章制度,不论是在中国,美国,欧洲 - 任何地方。

 

But in the creative world, there is no rule. There is no limit. The world is yours, the mind can expand to anywhere.

但在创意世界中,没有规则。没有限制。世界是你的,思想可以开拓到任何地方。

 

So you need to use that freedom in your everyday struggle.

所以你需要在日常生活中利用好这种自由。

 

Now, when they watch these hip-hop videos and they see the street culture stuff, they're kind of like, “Wow, this is so fresh and new. I like it.”

现在,当他们看这些嘻哈视频,看到街头文化时,他们有点像,“哇,这个好新颖。我喜欢它。”

 

Why do you like it? They might not even know why they like it. It’s because it represents something that they lack. 

你为什么喜欢它?他们甚至可能不知道他们为什么喜欢它。这就意味着它是他们缺乏的那个东西。

 

And that is to be able to think openly and be like “I can do this, and I will do this.”

它就是能够开放性思考,就像“我能做到这一点,我会做到这一点。”

 

知识点

 

1. manager n.经纪人 (= agent)

例子: Kris Wu's manager denied the report and said the news was false.

吴亦凡的经纪人否认了这一报道,称这是虚假的消息。

 

2. It was very demeaning to me. (万能句)

这对我来说是一种极大的侮辱。 

例子: What you did was very demeaning to me.

你做的这些对我来说就是种侮辱。

 

3. be in control of sth 掌控; 控制

例子: We are in control of our lives. 我们掌控着自己的生活。

 

例子: There has been some violence after the match, but the police are now in control of the situation. 

比赛后发生了一些暴力事件,但现在的场面已经在警方的掌控中。

 

4. start doing sth 开始做某事 

例子: I start learning English when I was really young.

我很小的时候就开始学英语了。

 

5. entertainer/actor n.艺人; 明星 

例子: Edison Chen is a famous entertainer in China.

在中国,陈冠希是一位非常有名的艺人。

 

6. make fun of v.嘲笑

例子: It's cruel to make fun of people who stammer.

嘲笑口吃的人是很不道德的。

 

例子: I'm not making fun of you.

我没有嘲笑你。

 

7. the way + 句子 …的方式; 行为/生活方式

例子: They dislike the way he slurping his coffee.

他们不喜欢他出声喝咖啡的习惯。

 

8. I was wondering… 我想知道…

例子: I was wondering if you’re free Saturday.

我想知道你周六是否有空。

 

9. What sb wanted to do was … 想做的事是…

例子: What I really wanted to do was to become a well-known artist. 

我想做的是成为知名画家。

 

10. work on sth with sb v. 和某人合作

例子: They are working on a new English book with Qianbi.

他们和铅笔英语合作在出一本新英语书。

 



相关课程
免费试听
(百强校)金陵中学高二期末考题
实用口语:5个pan out 小短句
实用口语:老外嘴里的put a sock in it 是什么意思?
精选外教自然拼读系列02
每日一词 consistency
rise raise 辨析
实用口语:two-way street
(高中英语) 多所名校都考过的一道从句典型题目
精选外教自然拼读系列01
实用口语:throw a curveball
铅笔英语